Monday, September 1, 2008

MERDEKA


31st August 2008 will mark the 51 years of independence for Malaysia. Being a child born after the Independence, I may not be able to appreciate independence as patriotic as my parents. But this doesn’t mean that I am not loyal towards my beloved nation, Malaysia. I give my loyalty to Malaysia and to my King. I believe in the Principe of Rukun Negara.


Every time I read an article about the struggles of our founding fathers and not forgetting mothers too, my salute goes to them. They are the men and women….big or small…. yellow, brown or black….. who hunger for freedom and fight for it. They are men and women who did not see color, race or religion but fought for one purpose that is for freedom from the colonial masters.


How I wish today, we still have the same charisma and desire as our founding fathers, Tunku Abdul Rahman, Tun Tan Cheng Lock and Tun V.T Sambanthan.


How I wish to see a one Malaysia where people are respected because they are Malaysian and not segregated by race, gender and religion.


How I wish that each one of us is addressed as Malaysian and not as Malay, Chinese, Indian, Iban and ……


My wish for Hari Merdeka is that this nation will be united again with the true Merdeka spirit and will rise up to be a great nation.


Selamat Hari Merdeka to all Malaysian.

No comments: