Sunday, September 21, 2008

Flying High


Last week, I was in KL for a business trip. I took the opportunity to fly with Firefly, a one year old community based airline. Although I heard a lot of negative feedback on Firefly especially on their frequency for delays, I decided to give it a try. My experience with them was positive. Both of my flight was on-time and there was no delay. In fact I had the pleasure to travel with their new ATR 72 twin-turboprop propeller based aircraft. Surprisingly the noise level from the engine is pretty low. One advice is always ask for a seat at the back of the plane. You can get down faster as the aircraft main exit door is located at the rear site of the plane.

It was a nostalgic moment for me when the aircraft landed at Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang. I remember using the airport when I was traveling to New Zealand for my studies in the mid 90's. Subang Airport used to be the main international airport for Malaysia before being taken over by KLIA in 1998.

I recall a lot of sweet & painful memories. I remember the pain I have to go through in order for me to continue my studies in New Zealand. It is not easy at all to raise the fund. Only by God's grace, I am able to have the means to study there. I still remember the miracle of His provision. He is indeed Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides.

Back to Subang airport, the airport is going through some major renovation work. The current condition is not so conducive especially poor air-conditioning.

As for Firefly, the crew live up to their name as a community airline. I am pretty impressed with their friendliness and excellent service. Good job to the Firefly team.

No comments: