Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arms high and Heart abandoned


“So what can I say,
And what can I do,
But offer this heart, O God,
Completely to You…


So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all.

I’ll stand, My soul Lord to You surrendered,
All I am is Yours.”



Last Sunday, our very own Youth Impact song leader, Melissa Cheah together with the Youth Impact worship team and Bro. Alvin, lead the congregation in Praise and Worship for our Sunday Service. It was an awesome time.

One song that moves me deeply was the song “The Stand by Hillsong United” (lyrics above). The song says, “I’ll stand with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe of the One who gave it all”. It is a call for complete surrender…..surrendering my live completely in the loving arm of Jesus.

The reason I am so moved with the song is because the song reflect the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus has given me. He gave His all for me. Jesus was perfect but He gave Himself up for me – an imperfect, sinful me. He gave Himself, that I may have life. Ephesians 5:1-2 - “Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”

There is no other choice but to offer my heart completely to God. He alone deserves the highest praise and worship.

Note: Image is from http://www.christart.com/clipart/

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Vive,
Just to let you know that the particular song that you've mentioned touched me to the core too. The words are simple, yet elaborate in its meaning. I've been blessed by your encouragement.

Hope to spend some time with you and Sathy soon. Take care.

Love, Melissa.