Thursday, September 4, 2008

Difference between Love and Lust

Last Saturday, Rev. Geoffrey Yee ask the youth an interesting question. What is difference between Love and Lust? Many were stunt for a moment and then he goes on to give the key difference which I feel it is important that I share with my blog readers.

Love is putting the needs of others a head of your wants.

Lust is putting your wants ahead of the needs of others.


I want to add an additional point to his point.

Love builds but Lust destroys.

In my walk of life, I have seen many compromise their Christian faith especially in the area of Boy-Girl relationship. It is important for us to assess our partners. Questions like, "Is the person loving me because who I am or is the person loving because what I have (money, body, fame,...)?", need to be addressed before we enter into any serious relationship. Of course, we also need to look at the word of God especially in this topic of finding a life partner. Many times, our emotion take control of ourselves when we enter into a relationship. This causes the failure to check on the motif of our partner. For goodness sake, please do not enter into relationship just out of feelings. Seek the Lord. Someone told me that she prayed, fasted and seek the Lord for 1 month before entering into a relationship.

I pray that the Lord will give all of us wisdom in this area and that He will protects us from the snare of the evil one especially in this last days.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

1 comment:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Way to go, bro. Words of encouragement & wisdom at this end days,man.