Sunday, November 2, 2008

Camp Site

It is a another brand new week. Thank God for last week and the weeks before that. He is a faithful God and a God who loves us.

Last Saturday, I was on the road again. This time traveling to survey two campsite for our youth camp. Together with Felicia Yee (my pastor's one and only wife), Rachel (my pastor's daughter) and Sathy, we drove to Gopeng which is a small town located in the state of Perak. Our journey started as early as 7.30 a.m. My good friend Ivan will know this by heart because every time when I go out on an early morning trip, I will make sure I will call him.....haaa...haaaa...haaaa.......and he will faithfully answer my call.

We drove straight to My Gopeng Resort in Sg. Itek, Gopeng. It was an adventurous drive. The drive to the camp site passes through a lot of narrow road with with some large pot holes. My Honda City survived such terrain....maybe because of the skill of the driver lar....haaa...haaaa....The scenery was awesome especially when we pass some villages. After a 20 min drive through the village road, we reach My Gopeng Resort. It is a simple and beautiful place. I am pretty sure it will bring our Youth to a "Back to Basic" experience. The best thing is no 012, 016, 017 and 018 mobile phone service is available there. I was told only 019 have some reception.

After surveying the place and talking to the person in charge at My Gopeng Resort, we drove to Kampar to try out Yau Kee Chicken Curry Bun. Man oh man.....I will give my No.1 rating to Yau Kee compare to CB Chicken Curry Bun. Their dishes are also pretty good. I love their Mayonnaise Pork Rib.......MaaMaaMia...awesome.

Then we proceed to check out the Grand Kampar Hotel. It is a pretty new (1.5 years) 3 star hotel located 5 minutes drive from Kampar town. They have really good facilities. I love their meeting rooms and their rooms are really spacious. It is also has a youth leader's friendly setup...e.g. nice bed, air-conditioned, clean toilet and etc....haaaa...haaaa...haaaaa.......Oh well, that will not be criteria for selecting the place. As a Youth Leader, we are ready to serve God anywhere we are....!!! Amen!

On our way back, I was having dilemma on which camp site to choose. Should we go for luxury or should we go for adventure. It is going to be a very tough decision. Anyway, for the sake of suspense and suprise, I will not disclose the decision now....haaa...haaa...haaa....

Check out for more update on our Youth Camp at http://www.youthimpactrocks.blogspot.com. It will be an awesome camp.

Have a great week & Be Blessed.

No comments: