Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Youth Impact - A Heart of Giving

I love working with the young people in our church. Working with young people makes us younger and actually do slow down our aging process. I have been working with them over two years now. They are a great group of young people with a big heart.

The youth in our church call themselves Youth Impact. They live up to their name by impacting their peers, their community and the society at large.

I am so blessed to see in the recent years, the youths have rise up and play a pivotal role in the church activities. From music, to drama, to serving food in our community project, they are there to provide their skills and ability.

I was sharing in the Youth Impact meeting on 13th December 2008. It was our last meeting for the year 2008. While preparing the message, the Lord spoke clearly to challenge the youth to give and bless the underprivileged children in our city. Our God works in an awesome way. He told me clearly, "Vive, challenge them and you be a part of it. Every dollar they gave, you give a dollar". Wow....I told Lord, I will obey to your voice.

During the Youth Meeting, I challenge the young people to give their best in this season of Christmas for a good course. I give them just a day to collect and told them give as the Lord inspire them. We decided the collection will start on Sunday 14th December 2008 from 10.00a.m till 12.30p.m. In my own limited mind, I was thinking they will raise around RM300 to RM350. The Lord proves me that I am wrong. The Youth Impact collected around RM905 within 2 hours of collection. I was in a state amazement to see the heart of giving among the young people of our church.

With RM1810 in hand, we gave the freedom to the Youth Impact leaders to go and buy gifts for two children homes in Penang. On 20th December 2008, we went over to the Children Protection Center and Salvation Army Children Home and bless them with the gifts from our young people. It is a joy indeed to bless someone during this season of giving.

I feel such a joy because I see the heart of giving in our young people. They are willing to give their very best so that the name of the Lord will be lifted up.

A big THANK YOU to all of you in Youth Impact. You have really proved your heart of giving. I am amazed. I sure you bring a big smile to our God and to the children in the two homes. A special thanks to Yi Lin and Melissa for buying the gifts and packing it nicely. Thank you to Aaron, Desywn, Nic, Sue Lin and others who joined us in the delivery of the gifts and spending time with the kids at the home.

Be Blessed.

No comments: