Saturday, December 27, 2008

The depths of God's word

Today I had the privilege of sitting down with two great men of God and listening to their discussion on the account of creation as recorded in Genesis. I count it a great privilege indeed. So many truth and revelation was shared. One thing I know for sure, their deep understanding and experiences comes from the many hours that they spent in meditating on the word of God. One of them told us that they spend about one year on reading and meditating Genesis Chapter 1 to 6.

One thing I have learned, as we seek the Lord and ask of Him to reveal the meaning of His word, He will bring into revelation the deep truth of His word. I believe that is why the word of God says in Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you".

Psalms 25:14 says "The secret of the LORD is for those who fear Him, And He will make them know His covenant." Those who want to know God and His truth seek God by his ancient eternal word in the Bible. He will reveal Himself to them and give them His promised blessings because they respect Him above all others. God has shown you his love by giving you His word so we may know the right way.

God says, Isa. 45:19: “I have not spoken in secret, In a dark place of the earth; I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain'; I, the LORD, speak righteousness”

I pray that as we approach a brand new year, let it be one of our resolution to read and meditate on His word and go deeper in understand His word.

Be Blessed.

No comments: