Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Waiting for an answer.......

Few days ago, I changed my Facebook status to "still waiting for an answer". There are some answers in life that I am waiting and earnestly seeking the Lord for guidance and some breakthrough.

To my surprise, my pastor from Dunedin, New Zealand responded. Pastor Graeme's first respond was "Hey Vive, not sure of the question, but I have some ideas about the answer.....".

This morning when I open up my mail, I saw a second response from him. I am lifted in my faith with this word of encouragement from Ps. Graeme:
"Hey Vive. I better send you some thoughts by email. I will do so later today. Here is the scripture God has given me for you. ... 2 Kings 6:1 And the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, “See now, the place where we dwell with you is too small for us." Big changes ahead for you both!!"

Wow, I am indeed amazed the way how God moves. He still speaks today and He confirms what He has placed in our hearts. I have not shared with Ps. Graeme what is in my heart but yet God Almighty reveal to him.

I have not met Ps. Graeme for more than 10 years now. We do email occasionally. Ps. Graeme imparted a lot of Godly leadership values into my life. He challenged me to do the impossible. I remember he inspire us to start Hope On Campus. A ministry to reach out to International students in Dunedin. Today, they have an outreach church running near the campus with about 70 members. He gave one main Sunday service for us (the International students) to run. I remember one day Ps. Graeme told the International students to run the main Sunday service and I was given the honor to share the word of God. All of us felt it was an honor and a valuable experience. For me, it was my first pulpit sharing experience. He even give us the opportunity to share communion on Sunday service. When I left NZ, I was well equipped to bring back what I have learned in my short stint in NZ and apply it in Malaysia.

I always thank God for pastors who have impacted me in many ways. Pastors like Pastor Geoffrey, Pastor Graeme, Pastor Richard & Pastor Benjamin are great leaders who have invest into my life and many others. They demonstrated Godly leadership especially a servant-heart leadership.

I am blessed and I am looking forward for the email.

Be Blessed.

No comments: