Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Drama

This is the first posting for 2009. Last Christmas, I was given the honor to direct the Christmas play for our Christmas Musical Night. The interesting part of this Musical Night is the entire program is for our Hokkien speaking congregation. Here am I, an Indian man, directing the drama for a Hokkien program........I was wondering how am I going to manage it. Language is the biggest barrier.....how am I going to understand what the actors are saying.....The Lord is gracious. We selected a mime and went on practicing. The cast for the mime includes Uncle Adrian, Rachel Ruth, Derrris, Jane, Valarie and Joseph supported by a great ground crew that includes BA Lim (co-director), Jessy, Sathy, Alyna@Tiormm, Esther Tham & Aunty Joyce.

The team practice pretty hard for couple days especially to perfect the coordination between the body movement and background music. Some of them cast have to sacrifice their other programmes to join the practice. I thank God for their dedication and commitment.

I did not have the opportunity to view the mime on the actual day performance as I was away to Kuantan. The feedback I receive is that it was an awesome play. All Glory to God. I pray that many lives will be touched by this mime and the rest of the performance.

I learn one thing throughout this event. When we are willing to give ourselves as a vessel to be used by God, He will honor our willingness and use us to bring Glory to His name. God can use imperfect vessels like us. In fact, He often delights in choosing the most unlikely people to accomplish His purposes in this world. Everyone around us may consider us the least likely job candidate, but fortunately, God works as His own employment recruiter! No matter who we are, if we will yield our life to God, we can become a vessel God can use.

Be Blessed & have a great weekend.

3 comments:

alyna said...

You have done a great job!

Youth Impact said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ViveAlive said...

Thank you Tiormm.........Would not have done good without you.....!!!