Monday, October 13, 2008

Pleasant words


On Sunday evening, I received an encouraging text message (Malaysian like to call it SMS) from young man. It came as pleasant surprise to me and came at the most appropriate time. Here is the what the text message said:

"Hey Cmdr.....How are you? I wanna thank you for guiding me through everything and making me to what I am today...You really play an important role in my life...I also thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful commander..Thanks for everything ya..."

I almost shed tears when I read the message. It is like what Proverbs 16:24 says - "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones".

I had the privilege to be the commander for this young man for almost 11 years when I was serving in Royal Rangers in Melaka #1. Literally saw him growing up. Today, Stephen Raj is serving faithfully in Calvary Life Assembly in various ministry. In any Ranger's camp, you can see him playing an important role in helping out the commanders and other rangers. Above all, I learned a lot from this young man and other rangers. They thought me a lot of valuable lesson in life.

Kind and gracious words are a sweet dessert of any occasion. They go into our ears and souls with pleasure, and they enliven our hearts and even our steps. Our faces glow by their instant effect, and energy and vitality are quickly restored to the cast down. We can create such words out of a thin air by our lips especially when wisdom is guiding our speech. Proverbs 16:23 says "The heart of the wise instructs his mouth And adds persuasiveness to his lips." Psalms 37:30 says "The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, And his tongue speaks justice."

So why don't you send a text message or an email today and bless someone with kind words.

Be Blessed.

No comments: