Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Holiday!!!

It has been a great holiday weekend for me especially spending time with family members and friends. I cherish moments like this a lot as we are able to get together and have lots fun and be ourselves.

This festival season started with a trip down to Banting where my in-laws stays. Banting is a small town located in Selangor and it is pretty close to KLIA and Klang. Not much of local attraction except for the Morib beach, its seafood and the famous beggar chicken. For me, the beach is not attractive as the one in East Coast. I am from Kuantan and there is no where else has a better beach compare to Teluk Cempedak.

This time around, Alyna and her 12 years old son, Darrien Loh a.k.a. Darrien SupLim followed us back to Banting. Darrien had his first time experience living in a village setup. He learned how to slaughter chicken and in fact he slaughtered 3 chickens. What a proud moment for him!!!


The festival celebration started with a dinner on the eve of deepavali. We went over to Uncle Loga and Aunty Mani's house for deepavali get together. Had a great fun over there. This time was special for me as I get to know my wife's cousin, nieces and nephew closer. Mind you that some of them are as young as 4 years old. Had a real fun time showing them some magic tricks and jokes.....and guess what....one of them came and ask me for an autograph and phone number.....what a proud moment for me...!!!! But I am impressed with youngsters today. The really have much higher IQ at their age compare to my generation.


On the deepavali day itself, things get more exciting especially seeing Arsenal winning the match against West Ham and the arrival of our good friends from Malacca and KL and not forgetting relatives from near and far.

As usual, the Malacca RR team reached on time for lunch and came with a group 15 members and later joined by Eddy Law and his family members. The center of attraction of the day was 6 months old Tiffany Law. The whole house was filled with loud voices and laughter especially from Steven Chia.
My mother-in-law prepared various dishes. She is a good cook.....a potential candidate for AFC shows especially with her famous fish cutlet. Not a single fish cutlet was left behind. I know my good friend Steven Chia consumed almost half of them. She started cooking as early as 12.30 a.m. and continued on till the day end, entertaining relatives and friends. What a strong woman!!! I am sure many young person today will not be as strong as my mother-in-law. Many today prefer to cater food rather cooking it themselves.


On Tuesday, we return back to Penang. We stop for dinner at Ps. Nathan and Mala's place in Ipoh. Mala is a good cook too especially with her own style of cooking. After a good dinner, we continued our journey back to good old Penang and reached home at 11.00p.m.

It is time to reduce food intake after heavy eating through out the long weekend. Back to bread and water.

Above all, I thank God for family, friends and relatives especially the young ones who brings joy and laughter.

Be Blessed.

No comments: