Monday, October 6, 2008

Malaysia United


My header today may sound weird. You may ask did I make a typo error? No, it is not. It is out of purpose.

I always believe in this nation. I believe Malaysia is for all Malaysia and one of the key for the nation's success is unity. There are times I wonder where we are heading as nation especially when we hear the statements from those in politics. Sometime I wonder it is really bad as what people in the street is talking about and some blogger describe in their blog or it is an over statement. I for one believe in praying for the prosperity and success of this nation and I believe people who are in authority are to be respected as there is a divine hand that is involved in their appointment.

Last week, I observe something unique that raises my hope again. Two friends from two different ethic background and religion meet up together after 28 years. When they saw each other, the first thing they do is to hug and embrace each other. The scene that I saw last week amazes me and raised my level of faith in racial unity in this beautiful land.

The two friends who serve the nation together in building up the future generation were seen so close and respect each other. I hear them sharing the good old stories over some Raya cookies. They talk about the good old days where they serve the nation without any complaint and run the extra mile for the country. They talked about the fun time they had while teaching in rural school. I was also amazed that they even remember their students whom they taught over 25 years ago. I only sum up to one thing, their friendship has no boundaries. There is no boundary of religion, race or skin color among them.

How I wish our kids today is able to relate in the same manner. How I wish our leaders able to see others as Malaysian rather than by ethnicity or by religion. How I wish my fellow Malaysian will embrace again the principal of Rukun Negara and abide to it.

I pray that unity in this nation will be strengthened again and that we will respect each other as fellow Malaysian. Malaysia Boleh!!!!

No comments: