Friday, February 27, 2009

Nothing is free nowadays

Yesterday, my good friend, Ivan Foo blogged about the surprise letter that he got from Celcom. In that envelope, it contains free Petrol vouchers as a token of appreciation for Ivan being a loyal Celcom customer. After reading his article, I decided to write an email to my telecommunication provider (one of the largest telecommunication in Malaysia) and ask them what they have to offer to a loyal customer like me and relate to them how Celcom is taking care of their loyal customer. In fact I email them the link to Ivan's blog site.

After an hour later, I got a call from the Customer Service. The person referred me to the Rewards section of their corporate website and told me that they also have rewards for loyal customers. After browsing that section, the only stuff that I see are discounted items and one miserable RM50 voucher where you need spend RM100 in order to use that voucher.

I guess the customer service personnel did not get my message. It is time for me to visit some other providers since we can continue to keep our phone numbers (thanks to the initiative of the government). Maybe Harith Iskander or the Yellow man has some goodies for me.

A lot of local companies do not learn or understand the term "enticing your customer". Gone are the days of single provider. Today, lots of us have many options available.....emmmm....except for Pay TV- we only have Astro in Malaysia. Somehow the companies who are providing services are living in their comfort zone and do not understand the meaning on continuous engagement with the customers.

Anyway, I have already engaged Celcom services for my broadband access....!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

broadband too!! we need more competitors...maxis and celcom are still kinda pricy for students!!!