Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tasting Big Mac as a Hobby


All of us have different kind of hobbies. Some are common hobbies like collecting stamps, currency collection and etc and some are unique….. I know of a guy who collects Coca-cola cans (or the American called it Coke) manufactured in different countries.

As for me, tasting McDonald's Big Mac in the various countries that I visit has been one of my most favourite past time. I have been traveling abroad due to work and study for the past couple of years. During my travel, I make it a point to look for a McDonald's outlet and taste their Big Mac.

It is pretty interesting to note that Big Mac looks almost the same in all the different countries I have visited. But from the taste perspective, it differs from one country to another especially the beef patties…..and do you know that in India, the beef patty is replaced with lamb patty and in Israel, there is no cheese served due to the kosher requirement. The best Big Mac I have enjoyed so far is in New Zealand. You will feel the freshness of the beef patties. Maybe it is due to the freshness and goodness of NZ beef meat. In terms of price, it differs slightly from country to country (without any currency conversion used). One thing to take note especially for us Malaysian is that don’t expect McDonald's to serve free chili sauce in countries like Germany. In Germany, you got to pay for your ketchup (tomato sauce) and don’t ever dream for chili sauce. Bring some from Malaysia.

It is also interesting to note that some country has their country specific burgers that you can’t find in other countries. When I was in New Zealand, McDonald's over there use to serve Kiwi Burger….please don’t be misguided by the name…they are not using any Kiwi Bird meat patty. The Samurai Pork Burger in McDonald's Thailand is also something interesting to take note off. And in Malaysia, we have the good old Prosperity Burger during a specific period of time.

So, the next time you are on travel aboard, stop at a food outlet which is common to your home country and taste the food.

Maybe it is time I receive the appointment to be the Ambassador for McDonald's especially after having tasted Big Mac in couple of countries.

Before I leave today’s post, let me encourage you that life is not just about tasting the physical food but it is also about tasting the goodness of the Mighty One in your spiritual life. For the Bible says in Psalms 38:4 “O Taste and see that the Lord is good”.

Be blessed and have a great weekend.

No comments: