Monday, August 25, 2008

Fish SPA


The world is getting interesting every day. There is a new hype of Fish Massage going on in Malaysia. Out of the blue, the island of Penang has 3 outlets providing this service.

I visited one of the outlet in New World Park, Penang last weekend together with some good friends…and of course having my wife around too…..what a good husband. . . I wanted to find out and experience what Fish SPA is all about. It is pretty interesting and unique adventure.

The moment, you put your feet on the pool, the small Garra Rufa fish (imported from Turkey) will come and nibble & molest your feet….I presume eating all the dead skins…..I wonder how my skin tasted...hot & spicy….salty…..sweet…..4 season??? Emmmm…..hope the fish had some finger licking good experience of ViveAlive and did not visit dr. Lau or dr. Pang after the good meal…. :-) (dr. Lau = Lau Sai & dr. Pang = Pang Sai)

The first few minutes is the most tense moment, when man kind and fish has to build their trust…….I for one, laughed a lot due to the ticklish feeling generated from the process of nibbling. After a while, it become normal and I just enjoy the moment. Apparently, the fish-nibbling effect creates some tiny electrical jolts activating the nerve endings and it also creates some micro massaging effect that simulates blood circulation…….The only effect I had was a good night sleep……hopefully it is not my brain trying to convince me of my ROI after visiting the Fish SPA.

Relaxing and Fun Filled are the few words that I can describe about the whole adventure of Fish SPA….So try it out and experience it.!!!!

To all husband, if you are looking for a “Wife Friendly” SPA, this is a safe place to go for SPA….definitely no funny stuff…anyway, what can a tiny fish do to a man unless it is a piranha….??

One pretty interesting observation of the place that I visited is that right opposite the Fish SPA outlet is the famous Manhattan Fish Market……what an interesting supply chain setup.

No comments: