Sunday, September 7, 2008

Flood in Penang


We had a heavy downpour on Saturday starting about 9.00 till late night. Some places in Penang was flooded. Have never seen such heavy rain for sometime. I guess the global climate change has taken its affect in our land. I know a friend of mine was so worried that her flight would be cancelled. Of course her partner was hoping that the runaway is flooded.

Talking about rain & flood, I am reminded about the great man of the Bible called Noah. If it were not for one righteous man Noah, God would have destroyed everything. "This race of men whom I have created, I will wipe them off the face of the earth--man and beast, reptiles and birds. I am sorry that I ever made them." (Gen.6: 7)

After the flood, God made a covenant with Noah. The Noahic covenant is God's promise to never send a flood again. "I will make my covenant with you: never again shall all living creatures be destroyed by the waters of the flood, never again shall there be a flood to lay waste the earth." (Gen.9: 11)

The Noahic covenant is a covenant of love. God recognizes our shortcomings as a race. Because of a few who are righteous, God promises to keep the earth going in continuity from season to season and year to year. The rainbow reminds us of God's promise and His care. No matter how bad things get, God will never destroy us through a flood.

But above all, be reminded that His return is near. So get to know Him today.

No comments: