Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shallow men believe in luck...Strong men believe in cause and effect !!!

A story is told of a farmer who told a friend that he had decided he no longer needed to work. He said, "God will do it for me."

"Oh really?" the friend said...."What makes you think that?"

The farmer said "Well do you remember that old barn I used to have? I have been planning to tear it down for years but lightning struck it last month and burned it down to the ground and then the wind came up and blew away all the ashes."

"And on what basis of that, you're going to let God do all your work?, the friend asked.

"Oh no," the farmer continued. "Last weekend my wife asked me to wash our car, but a big rainstorm blew in before I got to it and then rain washed the car clean."

The friend shook his head in dismay and before he could say anything further, the farmer asked, "Do you know what I', doing out here on my porch right now?"

The friend said, "No, what?"

The farmer replied, "I am waiting for an earthquake to shake my crop of potatoes out of the ground!"

Many time we can relate ourselves to the story of the farmer. We expect things to happen without putting in effort. Galatians 6:7 says "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap". Someone once said that "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work". Ephesians 4:28 says ".....rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give him that needeth".

Let's do our part by giving our very best in everything that we do and let the continue to enable us to be a blessing to others.

Be Blessed.

No comments: