Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration !!!

Thomas Edison was an well known inventor, scientist and businessman who developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb.

A story was told that one day Thomas Edison was invited as guest of the governor of North Carolina. As they talked together, the governor complimented Edison on his inventive genius.

"I am not a great inventor", said Edison. "But you have over a thousand patents to your credit, haven't you?" the governor asked.

"Yes, but about the only invention I can really claim as absolutely original is the phonograph", said Edison. "I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean," replied the governor.

In reply, Edison say, "Well, I guess I'm an awfully good sponge. I absorb ideas from every course I can, and put them to practical use. Then I improve them until they become of some value. The ideas which I use are mostly the ideas of other people who don't develop them themselves."

We do not necessarily need to do something original in our life in order to succeed. We only need to do something well.

So think about it......Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Have a great day ahead.

No comments: