Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Royal Rangers Camp in Perting Valley

Last weekend, we traveled to Perting Valley campsite which is located in Bentong, Pahang. We were attending the Royal Rangers Melaka #1 Annual Camp and I was invited to be their Guest Speaker. It is indeed an honor and privellege to be given this opportunity especially sharing the word of God to a group of young people.

Our journey to Perting Valley took almost 6 hours. We started at 6.15 a.m. The journey might be shorter but due to our passion to search for good food, we stop couple of places for some food. I will blog about one of the restaurant in my next article.

I thank God for His presence in the camp. I was scheduled to speak for two session based on Psalms 46:10. The Lord gave a timely message for the camper and it was later confirmed by one of their leaders. It is indeed challenging to speak in front of a group of children of various age category starting from 6 years old all the way to 17 years old. Need to constantly change the style of presentation so that all different group of kids are able to receive the Word of God. I really thank God for His favor and wisdom. With my own strength, I would have failed miserably but His word assured me that I can do all things through Christ. Amen!!!!

Overall, the camp was superb. Excellent environment.....camping beside a water fall in the jungle with basic facilities. It is indeed enjoying nature at its best. I really look forward for places like these where I can get way from the chaos of corporate world and modern society into a place where everything is basic.

Thank God for great organizers and friends. We had good time catching up. The children are also great. They bring lots of laughter to us.

I thank God for last weekend. Pray for many more of such experience in near future.

Be Blessed.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Thanks Vive for the sharing. D kids all remembered what Uncle Vive shared "Be still and know that I am God"!! Caleb is still wondering why he 'didn't go down' on the floor like the rest :) Cheeky fellow might just pretend to faint the next time you lay hands on him!!