Monday, August 10, 2009

Quality of Medical Service

Recently I have been observing that the medical services in some of the clinics are getting worse. Many of the medical practitioners are just focusing on making money and little emphasis is given on value for life. A classic example happen last Thursday night at one of the well known clinics near our place.....named after one of the neighboring country.

I took my wife to this clinic as she was having having sore throat, mild fever and cough. After registering my wife, I sat down and make some observation on the other patients. I notice that every patient who walks into the doctor's room comes out from the doctor's room within 70 to 80 seconds. As my wife's name was called in, she too had had the sane short encounter with the doctor. I was wondering what kind of prognosis can a doctor give within that short period of time.

My wife was also annoyed with the kind of diagnosis that the doctor has carried out to determine her exact condition. In fact, the doctor was not even concern with hygiene. The doctor was using an Ear Thermometer without using the hygienic probe covers.

Looks like some of the doctors are not following the Code of Medical Ethics crafted by The Malaysian Medical Association. It is good for commoners like us to understand the code of medical practice which suppose to give guidelines for our doctors. Check it out at the following link : http://www.mma.org.my/Portals/0/pdf/MMA_ethicscode.pdf

Having said all this, I still believe there are a lot of good doctors out there who cares for the needs of their patient. So good doctors, thank you so much.......to the others whom I am taling about earlier, you can start by watching the movie "Patch Adams".

No comments: