Friday, May 29, 2009

Newspaper Reading Pattern....

It is interesting to observe the changes of reading newspaper among the Internet savvy folks out there. I for one realize that my entire pattern of reading news have change drastically in the past few years. Gone are the days of subscribing to hard print newspaper.

First of all, I am completely into electronic news. I only buy The Star on Saturday as it has some interesting business writeup. Furthermore, I need to read something when I seat on my "throne" every morning. It will take me one whole week to finish my hard print newspaper while enjoying the tranquility of sitting on my good and faithful "throne".

Secondly my choice of news providers has also change. My preference of a news provider includes those who are open and transparent and does not hide or manipulate the news. So nowadays, my first preference is always Malaysiakini. Then it will be followed by The Malaysian Insider and the famous Malaysia-Today. Then only I will look at the others like The Star. This has been my reading pattern nowadays.

I guess readers nowadays are looking for news report that is honest and with integrity. Not something that has been cooked up for benefit of certain group of people. At least nowadays people are to reason things out and able to distinguish between truth and some make up story.

Oh well, I wonder whether you are affected too by this new trend? Maybe yes and maybe not...again it is one's personal choice.....wish you a good weekend.

No comments: