Monday, May 11, 2009

Kim Gary.......

I have been receiving numerous SMS asking why my blog has not been updated for the past one week. Oh well, it is simply because I have been tight down with some important task that I need to ensure that it is carried out well. Well I will let you know more in detail when the right time comes. Anyway, I thank God that reinforcement came last Sunday to help me out on this important task. I am sure by now you will be asking what it is.....well, it is for me to know and for you to find out.

I want to share with you today my experience at Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant in Queensbay Mall, Penang. Kim Gary is a pretty nice place to get some interesting Chinese food. Unfortunately, they have one messed up menu system. In order to make a selection, one has to go through many menus in different shape and colour and decided what to eat. That process alone takes ages. Then you got to fill up some form on the orders that you are placing. The classic of all is that after you place the order, the waiter will come back with a computer printed order slip which is all in Mandarin.

This is really a joke. I am sure there are many non-Chinese Malaysian who patronize places like Kim Gary but we don't have single clue what is printed in our order slip. I do have Chinese friends equally at lost like me as they are not Chinese educated. Maybe the owners of Malaysian Kim Gary should remember that they are operating in Malaysia and not in Hong Kong. It is time to use some common language such as English so that all of us can understand and verify our order slip. Better still, if they can print the order slip in the language preferred by their customers....English, Tagalog, Tamil, and etc......

On the positive side, the crew who works in Kim Gary are pretty good employees. I enjoy their hospitality and their customer service.

No comments: