Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mourning Into Dancing

Psalms 30:11-12
You have turned my mourning into dancing;
you have taken off my sackcloth
and clothed me with joy,
so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

The above Psalms speaks to us who are children of the Almighty God. We go through seasons. Good times, bad times, times of sorrow and times of joy. David is admitting that he’s in a time of grief,trial, and mourning. But, he also praises the Almighty God who will bring him joy once again. Being a Christian is not ignoring hard times, but, being able to trust God in the middle of them. He will not forsake us in our circumstances. I took solace when David wrote, “Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.” He’s a good God and above all He is a faithful God.

Meeting every situation with thanksgiving isn't a denial of trouble. It helps us see those situations from God's perspective—as opportunities to discover His power and love. Every time we express gratitude to God in a difficult situation, we're declaring, "He is sovereign!"

Be Blessed.

1 comment:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Praise God! Be blessed and God bless you, man.