Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When we pray, God works

A friend of mine shared an interesting quote with me yesterday. Here it goes:

When we work, we work
When we pray, God works!

As I reflected on it, it truly speaks lots of truth in it. Psalms 127:1 says "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it;". We are totally dependent on God in every aspect of our life. My focus today is in our ministry. Many times, we use our own strength and expertise to get the ministry going. Somehow at a certain junction, we will give up because we have focusing in our strength. Although it is necessary to put in hard work and expertise to toil the land, without a conscious dependence on the Lord of heaven and earth, all of our good efforts will be futile and our ministries will ultimately collapse into ruins.

As the lyrics in Ng Wah Lok’s song, "Every time I pray", espouse: … every time I pray I move the hands of God, my prayer does the things my hands cannot do. When we pray, and we’ll see God’s will done in our lives, in our ministry and in everything we embark on. When we pray, God works!

Be Blessed.

No comments: