Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A tribute to a great teacher.

On the journey of life, we meet many different characters of varying ilk. most we forget ... few we hardly remember and there are very few which we vividly remember... in fact we never forget them ... these are people who live their life like it should be lived ... simple,selfless and for others! It's just by mere association with them that we find our life full of color ... full of excitement and worth living!! They are the one who live something behind for us to cherish and appreciate.

This morning I received a sad news on the passing away of Madam Rani Thakur. Madam Rani was my English lecturer during my college days in Tafe Seremban. She well known for her unorthodox method of teaching where she puts a lot of emphasis in building relationship with her students. It is indeed effective. Madam Rani's class is always exciting where she shares her life stories and at the same time, teaching us to be strong and bold in our conquest for knowledge and to be somebody in the society. I remember Madam Rani well because of the love that she shared to her students. Many of us travel far away to come to Seremban to pursue our studies. In the midst of our loneliness, she will fill in the gap by providing a motherly care for her students. I was one of the many who received her care and concern and proud to be one of favorite student.

It is said that "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for other". How true is that statement when I reflect back all the things that Madam Rani has done for us. Madam Rani was more than a teacher to me . Apart from being a dedicated teacher (a rarity these days), she instilled a belief in each of her students, she always encouraged us to do well and achieve more in life!! It was really astonishing to see a person who taught only out of pure love for teaching!

I thank God for the opportunity to meet up with her two months ago in a cousin's wedding. It surprised me to know that I am related to her through my wife. We had a long chat and I still remember that she gave me a hug we depart. Never know that it was final good bye hug. Deep in my heart, Madam Rani will be always remembered and cherished for all the great things that she imparted into my life. I am blessed to have a great teacher like her.

Madam Rani will be dearly missed not only as a great teacher but also as a person who lived selflessly. May her soul rest in peace! I will miss you teacher.

No comments: