Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fireproof

Have you watched Fireproof? Fireproof is an inspirational movie created by Sherwood Pictures. Fireproof is the third feature film from Sherwood Pictures - the creators of Facing The Giants and Flywheel. With hope-filled, heartfelt storytelling, the movie making ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church continues to touch the world with good quality Christian movies. They have successfully deliver a strong message again from the movie.

Fireproof is a movie about a Caleb Holt, a veteran firefighter trying to save his own marriage from burning to the ground. His wife already pull the trigger to get the divorce, and he is also ready to let bullet hit him, but his father give him 40 days ‘Love Dare’ quest for him to save his marriage from burning down.

I just watched the movie last Saturday together with our youth. There are some great quotes from the movie that I feel it would be great if I shared it in here so that you may give a thought about it as well:

"I have learned that you never leave your partner—especially in a fire."

“You can’t just follow your heart. Your heart can be deceived. You have to lead your heart.”

"Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it. "

“A woman’s like a rose. If you treat her right, she’ll bloom. If you don’t, she’ll wilt.”

"When most people promise 'for better or for worse,' they only mean for the better."

Anyway one the best scene of the movie that I love the most was during the conversation between John Holt (father of Caleb) and Caleb Holt. Here it goes:

John Holt: Has she thanked you for anything you've done the last 20 days?

Caleb Holt: No! And you'd think after I washed the car, I've changed the oil, do the dishes, cleaned the house, that she would try to show me a little bit of gratitude. But she doesn't! In fact, when I come home, she makes me like I'm - like I'm an enemy! I'm not even welcome in my own home, Dad. That is what really ticks me off! Dad, for the last three weeks, I have bent over backwards for her. I have tried to demonstrate that I still care about this relationship. I bought her flowers, which she threw away. I have taken her insults and her sarcasm, but last night was it. I made dinner for her. I did everything I could to demonstrate that I care about her, to show value for her, and she spat in my face! She does not deserve this, Dad. I'm not doing it anymore! How am I supposed to show love to somebody over and over and over who constantly rejects me?

John Holt: [As the camera swings around to include a crude wooden cross in the frame, the father replied] That's a good question.

It is simply an awesome movie. Hollywood veterans will tell you that if a low-budget movie makes it into theaters, it's a miracle. But when Alex and Stephen Kendrick say that, they mean it literally. The Kendrick brothers, ministers at Sherwood Baptist Church are the writers, producers and directors of the surprise hit Fireproof. Shot on a $500,000 budget with an all-volunteer cast and donated sets and locations, their movie made $6.8 million in its opening weekend at the box office, coming in fourth overall, between a Samuel L. Jackson thriller and a Coen brothers farce.

Get an original copy of the movie and watch it together with your family. You will be Blessed.

1 comment:

CHIO BI BI said...

I agreed with you, a very good film not only about marriage BUT also for evangelism