Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Our Action: Selfless or Selfism?

Reflection on Passion Week – Thursday


John 13: 14-16 - Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

In a world filled with proud and egotistical generation, selfless attitude and servanthood is considered weak and worthless. Self-promotion, self-praise and "me, myself & I" take precedence above others.

But Jesus demonstrate true humility and servant heart. He step down from a position of deity to become a man, and then further humble Himself to be a servant and wash the feet of twelve undeserving sinners. That is true love, and true humility.

May we learn to develop a servant's heart. The way of the Cross is selfless and not selfism.

Be Blessed.

No comments: