Monday, July 16, 2012

Turn the other cheek!!!

In Matthew 5:39 Jesus says “But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also”.

To the world, the act of "turning the other cheek" seems to be an act of weakness. But in Christ, to turn the other cheek is neither humiliating nor retaliation. It is a response of strength that says, “I will not seek revenge because I am stronger than that”. It also says, I will not respond in shame because I have dignity in Christ. My dignity is not found in if I can hit back and hurt my oppressor. My dignity is found in Christ and I will respond in just the way He would respond. Our dignity comes because we are made in the image of God.

Our significance comes because we are called by Jesus to be world changers. Our power and strength comes because we are filled with the Holy Spirit who gives us the ability to receive the insults of others and respond with as Christ responded to those who hurled insults at Him. Turning the other cheek is not impossible, but it is difficult. But when we do respond with the gentle dignity of Jesus, then we bring glory to Him.

Be Blessed.

No comments: