Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shoulder Your Cross

The song that abruptly dashed to my mind in the last few days is called “If We are the Body” by Casting Crowns. I love this song and I am convicted everytime I hear it. The lyrics of the chorus question the work that we do. Do not misread and think that it questions God’s power; instead, question why we think His power is not working on us.




"But if we are the Body 

Why aren’t His arms reaching 

Why aren’t His hands healing 

Why aren’t His words teaching 

And if we are the Body 

Why aren’t His feet going 

Why is His love not showing them
there is a way 
That there is a way."


I found myself searching for the answer to the simple question - why are we not being effective as the early Christian believers were? Where are the Paul, Peter, Stephen and many others of today's generation? What is required of us to serve Him effectively? In Mark 8:34, Jesus says "....‘If any of you wants to be my follower,’ He told them, ‘you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me’”


Easy to read, hard to live! May God Almighty show us the areas where we are living out our own selfish ambitions. May He show us the sacrifices we have been unwilling to make for HIM.


Be Blessed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for (i=100;--i>0;) { printf ("hello")};