Sunday, June 20, 2010

Praise & Strength

This morning we had a great time at our church, Tabernacle of Praise, celebrating Father's Day. The Lord indeed spoke to me in a very special way. As we were worshiping God, right in front of me was my good friend - Alvin Tan, Eunice and their 1 year old boy, baby Davin. Baby Davin lifted up his both hand as Melissa (our worship leader) leading the praise and worship. As I was observing Baby Davin, the Lord reminded me the verse from Matthew 21:6 ""Have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings you have perfected praise'?" Jesus quoted this verse in Matthew based on Psalms 8:2 that says "From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength, because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger."

It is amazing to compare these two verses. Jesus speaks about "perfected praise" and equates it with what the Psalmist says about "established strength". I reckon that there is something connected about praise and strength. When we come to His throne of grace with a child like heart - seeking our Abba Father, our praises to Him will be a channel where we can draw His strength. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says that "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Some translation uses the word power instead of strength. Wow....I can rely on His power in my weakness. As I come to His throne of mercy with simplicity in heart, I can draw my Abba Father's strength to face the day. Isn't that awesome? Praise is not a psychological means of calming our emotions; it is a vital spiritual force that helps a person to access God's strength.

Praise is an act of faith. It takes boldness and courage to praise and worship God despite our circumstances. When a baby has a need, it doesn't think about the need, or contemplate the problem while searching for a solution. They simply cry as a reflex, knowing that their help is going to come from a source bigger than themselves.

That's how our praise should be. Whenever we have a need we should not contemplate the problem, or try to search for a solution on our own. We should, as a reflex, cry out to God in praise, thanking Him for the answer that He has already provided. This is where praise becomes an act of faith. This is where we can begin to thank God for the evidence of things not seen.

Thanksgiving gives birth to praise and praise stimulates worship. Praise instantly brings down the presence of God. God’s presence makes the difference any day! It will make a genius out of a dullard.

Be Blessed.

No comments: