Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wait…Believe...Cling to HIS promise

The beginning of April has been a solemn month for me especially remembering the death of my Savior who gave up everything so that I can have life and life in abundance. It also reminded me about my good friend who has "changed his address" to be with the Lord six years ago. As I reflect on this, I am blessed with what is written in Psalms 30:11-12 11. Here it goes based on New American Standard Version:

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent

O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You foreve
r.

God indeed turns mourning into dancing! He takes away the anguish of being clothed in sadness and replaces it with gladness. However, notice what God doesn’t do – simply stop your mourning and make it disappear. No, He transforms it…into joy! He turns your sorrow into gladness. He takes your failure and creates success!

I am so glad that we serve an awesome and mighty God, who says, “all things work together for good to them that love Him, and to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

Ecclesiastes 3:4 says there is a season for every thing in life. There is a time to weep, a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. So no matter situation we are in, let’s take time to dwell on this promise in Psalms 30. Our sorrows, disappointments, tragedies and failures are very real– but they are also “raw material” for a divine transformation that our Lord will accomplish in His time for His glory.

And we WILL dance! God will do it. Our part is simply to wait…believe…and cling tightly to this wonderful promise!

Be Blessed

No comments: