Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Engraved on HIS palms....

Last weekend, our worship leader, Chee Keong, mention something profound during worship leading that speaks to my heart. It was simple yet there is a lot of truth in his sharing. He quoted a verse from Isaiah 49:16 that says "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." He continued on to share on how God loves us and how HE engraved or inscribed us on the palms of His hands. Chee Keong who is managing a metal stamping business elobrate further the process of inscribing and that brings lots of clearity in understanding this verse.

I was reflecting on this verse for the past few days and I am so excited to realize the depth of God's love for us through this verse where He will engraved us on the palms of His hands. It is a figurative way of God expressing His love for His people, the Lord is in essence saying that He will never forget us. The word “engraved” is an eternal reminder, not written, but engraved. The Hebrew word is haqaq, meaning to mark out, inscribe, portrayed. Portrayed means a representation of something, or in other words a picture, a picture of you and me engraved on the hands of the LORD. We are engraved upon the palms of His hands so that we will always be in His sight and kept as an everlasting remembrance.

Isaiah 49:16 makes me feel very loved and very secure to know that my Lord is constantly thinking about me. He has my best interests at heart and He never forgets me. How could He? His Son gave His life for me. Even when we feel lonely and forgotten by others on this earth, our Heavenly Father is thinking about us with love and devotion. Jesus has only to look at his nail-scarred hands to be reminded how much He cares for us.

Be Blessed.

1 comment:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Praise God, bro! You have truly encouraged a lot of people. God bless you!