Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camporama 2009

Camporama 2009 is finally over. What a camp indeed!!!!.....I am so glad that I manage at least to be a partial camper despite my busy schedule. I manage to stays 2 days and 1 night. My initial plan to attend the entire camp has to be changed due to some last minute business trip to East Malaysia.

Camporama 2009 is simply awesome and fantastic. Thumbs up for the organizing committee led by Ps. Gideon and Camp Commander Rueben Ponniah. It is one of the best Camporama that I have ever attended. There was a lot of fun and laughter especially seeing the different groups showing their skills and talents. Not forgetting all the other activities like archery, flying fox, kayaking and the lasergun. The food was awesome....we had BBQ lamb, chicken and fish for dinner. The facilities was excellent too.

I notice something significant in Camporama 2009. It is like seeing 4 X 400m race where the runners are passing the baton over to the next sets of runners. I saw new leaders taking up the baton and running the race in this awesome ministry called Royal Rangers. I am so proud the young ones (emmm not so young anymore lar) like Rueben, Darren Teoh, Terrence Ooi, Zach and many others taking their position in organizing and running the camporama. I observe the senior leaders supporting the younger one in the background quitely....giving the new leaders a free hand to run the camp while they take carestuff like First Aid and not forgetting busy sipping the teh tarik. Many go unnoticed but they are providing encouragement to the young leaders.

I understand now the significant of the theme of Camporama 2009, “Positioned to Serve” and the scripture verse taken from Acts 13:36 “For David, after He had served God’s purpose in his own generation…”. It is indeed true that God is rising up brand new leaders to serve this generation. I feel so fulfilled when I see many of the young ones taking up their position in serving the Lord. I was glad to see Stefanie Sim from my former outpost Melaka #1 serving in Royal Patrol and also helping out in the games. I told Stef that in the next Camporama, I would like to see her to be one of the Camporama cities Mayor.

As I was resting at home, the Lord reaffirms this conviction that I had in Camporama. I believe RR Malaysia is heading towards a new season and a brand new experience. I believe this new generation of leaders will do greater things for the Lord in RR.

So gear up and position yourself to serve our Awesome God.

Be Blessed.

5 comments:

Singh Is King said...

Cmdr Vive,

I concur with your writeup. Indeed the rise of the new and next generation is here. The Bible speaks about the Joshuas, Elishas and Timothy. I believe in this Camporama, we've seen it taking place.

Praise be to God!

ViveAlive said...

Singh is King......thank you for your kind feedback....I see a Joshua Generation...a generation that will march in and take what rightfully belong to them....Jai Ho....

By the way, can I suggest that the teh tarik uncle and his stall is made as standard for feature for any RR Camp :-D

Singh Is King said...

Sir,

That's what the RR Ministry is all about. Raising and empowering the next generation. Let's lift up our heads and usher in the coming King!

About the teh tarik uncle - I'm afraid we imported him. If you want this to be a standard, you've got to speak to National Commander. Problem is, National Cmdr is a Chinese! HAHHAAHA!

Stefanie Sim Lin Ern said...

wa..racist man..what chinese indian all..
haha..
I agree with teh tarik idea! I support!

Anonymous said...

I wish they had rr for gals in the states...oh how i miss rr